The most important opportunities of SMM:
- It’s a way to interact with existing or future customers.
- It increases your online visibility.
- The social web makes it possible to meet people online who are willing to provide you with active feedback which in turn helps you to improve your products or services.
- Improve your online presence and change negativity into positivity.
- SMM is a way of online reputation management.
So how do you change negative comments or reviews into something positive and what is the value for your company? First of all, you just need to know if something is wrong. If you fix the problem, it will help you gain credibility with the online audience because you show you care.
By taking care and listening to what is said about your products or services, you also actively keep an eye on your online reputation, which is increasingly becoming important. Allan Jenkins stated it well when he talked about online reputation management:
“Your brand is no stronger than your reputation — and will increasingly depend on what comes up when you are Googled.”
So good things or good reactions had better show up when your company or your products are Googled. Social Media Marketing is a way to take control.
Social Media Marketing = Open Source Marketing